Iowa State travels to Arkansas for Razorback Invitational

Joseph Dicklin
Iowa States Jason Gomez leads the pack during the Men’s 600 yard run for the 2024 Cyclone Open on Jan. 19, 2024.

The Iowa State track and field teams are traveling to Fayetteville, Arkansas, to compete in the Razorback Invitational on Friday and Saturday. The two-day event will be full of action with some of the top teams in the nation.

The Cyclones will be looking to repeat a great performance from last week’s Cyclone Open, which saw the Cyclones dominate in many different events.

The Cyclone Open saw the Iowa State throwers once again place multiple throwers in the top 10 on the men’s and the women’s side. The best result in Ames last week was the men’s 1000 meter, with the top four finishers all being Cyclones.

The Razorback Invitational will feature teams from all over the country. The Cyclones will have some very stout competitors, including the reigning men’s and women’s indoor track and field national champions in the Arkansas Razorbacks. The Cyclones will also compete against perennial powerhouses in LSU, Oregon and Florida.

The Razorback Invitational will be a great challenge for the Cyclones and an opportunity to turn some heads.

The Razorback Invitational will start Friday in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and roll into Saturday.