Audi Crooks earns third Big 12 Freshman of the Week honor

Tyler Coe
Audi Crooks shoots the ball close to the hoop against Kansas at Hilton Coliseum on Jan. 3, 2023.

For the third time this season, Iowa State freshman Audi Crooks has been named the Big 12 Freshman of the Week. This brings her weekly honor total up to four with the addition of her Big 12 Player of the Week award two weeks ago.

The Cyclones played two road games last week but did not grab a win in either contest. Both games were close, losing to Kansas by two and West Virginia by six.

A big performance in both games from Crooks gave the Cyclones a fighting chance in both affairs. Iowa State has leaned on her more than any other player this season, and that was no different last week.

Crooks had a season-high 25 points against Kansas and grabbed eight rebounds to lead both stat categories. Crooks was the only Cyclone to shoot more than 10 times, going 10-for-23 and 5-for-7 on free throws.

Against the Mountaineers, Crooks scored another 25 points and reeled in 16 rebounds, another season-high, to record her fourth double-double of the season. Crooks shot 8-for-15 and went 9-for-11 from the charity stripe.

On the season, Crooks is shooting 58% from the floor, averaging 17.4 points per game and 7.4 rebounds per game.

This week, Crooks will try to go at it again, starting with Oklahoma State on Wednesday. In the first meeting against the Cowgirls, Crooks scored 21 points, shooting 9-for-14, and added three free throws and seven rebounds.