Crooks, Brown honored in 2023-24 All-Big 12 women’s basketball awards

Tyler Coe
Audi Crooks battles down low against Baylor at Hilton Coliseum on Jan. 13, 2024.

At the conclusion of the 2023-24 regular season, Iowa State’s Audi Crooks and Addy Brown were honored in the All-Big 12 awards.

Crooks was named to the All-Big 12 First Team and Addy Brown was an All-Big 12 Honorable Mention. Crooks was selected unanimously and is the first freshman in Iowa State history to earn a first-team honor.

Both Crooks and Brown were a part of the Big 12 All-Freshman team. This is the third time in Iowa State history that two freshmen have made the team.

Crooks led the Cyclones with 18.3 points per game with a shooting percentage of 58.2%. Crooks made and attempted the most shots for Iowa State, going 203-for-349 on the season.

In February, Crooks broke the Iowa State freshman record for shots made in a season and later broke the Iowa State freshman scoring record. She is the first freshman and 12th player in Iowa State history to score more than 500 points in a season.

Crooks had the most offensive rebounds with 73 and had 142 defensive rebounds for a total of 215, averaging 7.7 per game.

Brown was the leading rebounder for Iowa State with 234 total and 8.4 per game. She was second in scoring with 13.3 points per game and finished with the most blocks for the Cyclones (15).

Brown was the only Cyclone to start all 28 games and played an average of 33.4 minutes, the most of all players on the team. In her 28 games, Brown recorded nine double-doubles, the most of the Cyclones.

Crooks and Brown were two of five freshmen on a new-look Iowa State team. The young squad went 18-10 overall and 12-6 in the Big 12 to finish fourth in the standings and clinched a double-bye for the Big 12 Tournament.