Cyclones unite for Forever True Day 2024

Courtesy of Iowa State University Foundation

Cyclones from around the world will come together for a 24 hour day of giving.  From noon Wednesday to noon Thursday, Iowa State alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends are invited to visit ForeverTrueDay.com and support the people and programs of Iowa State.

This year marks the third anniversary of the annual fundraising event, which began in 2022 with the goal of increasing the participation of both long-time and first-time supporters. In 2023, Forever True Day raised $430,594 over 1,613 donations.

“It’s a fun new tradition where people can come together online to celebrate their Cyclone pride,” Elaine Watkins-Miller, director of communications and public relations for the Iowa State University Foundation, said. “It also provides an opportunity to give back, whether that is by helping spread the word on social media or donating to help enhance the Iowa State experience.”

Students, staff, alumni and friends are encouraged to show their support and Cyclone pride on social media during the event by using #ForeverTrueDay on all social media platforms. Challenges, matches and special prizes will be announced throughout the event for those who participate by using the hashtag.

“Forever True Day primarily is an online event, with a special website highlighting the many funds and campus units actively promoting their priorities on their social media platforms,” Watkins-Miller said. “The social media aspect is a way for people to get involved and help spread the word about Forever True Day. In addition, following and liking, commenting on and sharing content can help unlock additional support.”

In addition to activities on social media, a Forever True Day team will be on Central Campus both days with activities for students, including an inflatable cash cube. The cash participants grab while inside the cube will go to their area of choice at the university.

While Forever True Day is a university-wide event, donors can choose from a range of more than 250 student organizations, scholarships, faculty research and more in which they want to donate. Available options include the ISU Athletic Department, Parks Library and Reiman Gardens. For those who do not see the specific area they would like to support, there will be information and contact information posted to assist. 

The minimum donation amount for online gifts is $5. Iowa State faculty and staff can also elect to donate via payroll deduction by filling out a form. Gifts toward any athletics fund, including the Intercollegiate Athletics Fund, will be credited toward a donor’s all-time priority points in athletics, according to the Forever True Day website. Contributions can also be sent via mail.

Iowa State University Foundation

2505 University Blvd
P.O. Box 2230
Ames, IA 50010-2230

“Gifts of any size really do make a difference,” Watkins-Miller said. “Each of the first two years of Forever True Day brought in more than 2,000 gifts. This year’s event will count donors, not gifts.”

The 24-hour fundraising push begins at noonWednesday. Visit ForeverTrueDay.com to donate.  For more information, email [email protected] or call (866) 419-6768. 

“Whether empowering a favorite department or student organization, supporting student scholarships or faculty research or investing in programs, innovation or another area of choice, a gift during Forever True Day enriches the Iowa State experience,” Watkins-Miller said.