Haliburton to join the USA National Team at Paris Olympics

Chris Jorgensen/Iowa State Daily
Then-freshman Tyrese Haliburton goes up for a dunk in the second round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship Tournament against Kansas State on March 15, 2019.

Former Iowa State men’s basketball player Tyrese Haliburton was named to the 2024 USA Men’s National Team for the upcoming Paris Olympics.

This will mark the fourth time that Haliburton has been on a Team USA roster according to a release from Iowa State Athletics. He was a member of the U19 World Cup team in 2019, the USA Select Team in 2021 and the FIBA World Cup team in 2023.

Haliburton made the all-tournament team during the U19 World Cup after winning a gold medal. Along with that world experience, Haliburton trained with the Men’s National Team prior to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics while he was on the 2021 USA Select Team.

Haliburton’s efforts over the last couple of seasons on the Indiana Pacers earned him a spot on a star-studded Olympic team. Haliburton joins 11 other NBA All-Stars according to the release.

The 12-man team boasts all current and former All-Stars, four NBA MVPs and six NBA champs.

The Paris Olympic Games are set to go from July 26 until Aug. 11. Training camp for Team USA begins July 6 in Las Vegas. The team will also have games against Canada, Australia and Serbia during the training period.

Team USA is set to be part of Group C. They will face Serbia on July 28 and South Sudan on July 31. Following those games, Team USA will face the winner of the Olympic Qualifying Tournament on Aug. 3.