Student Government to vote on funding requests and confirmations

Student Government senate meetings take place every Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.

Madelyn Ostendorf

More funding requests and Senate committee confirmations are set for Wednesday’s Student Government meeting.

At the meeting, the Senate will vote to approve or deny funding legislation for:

• $10,118.75 to Ethos Magazine for publication funding
  • $8,550 to the Rodeo Club to improve the safety of their annual Cyclone Stampede event

Ethos Magazine publication costs would go toward covering the production of three issues a year, flyer advertisements and additional Iowa State webspace to keep the magazine free for all students.

The 56th annual Cyclone Stampede is the last student-run rodeo event in the nation, and riders from colleges all around the Midwest come to compete. The Rodeo Club, who hosts the event, are hoping to up the safety factor by purchasing university-required insurance and an ambulance on hand during the event.

The meeting will take place at 8 p.m. — one hour after its usually scheduled time — in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union. This change was made to allow Senators and others to attend the candlelight vigil happening in honor of Celia Barquín Arozamena who was killed Monday.

For more information or to contact a Senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public.