Delta Tau Delta charged with level 2 sanction from Office of Student Conduct

Alec Giljohann/Iowa State Daily

Spring flowers begin to bloom across campus as the weather warms up and an increase in rainfall is observed.

Isd Staff

Delta Tau Delta has been charged with a level 2 sanction from the Office of Student Conduct, according to their website.  It is the third sanction that they have received since 2016. 

The sanction, dated May 15, included the misuse of alcoholic beverages and contempt. According to the Student Disciplinary Regulations handbook, misuse of alcoholic beverages includes “the illegal possession, use, manufacture, distribution or sale of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances both on and off campus” and providing alcohol to anyone who is underage. 

According to the handbook, contempt is defined as: 

1. Failure to appear before any university adjudicatory or regulatory body as summoned;
  2. Failure to comply with any disciplinary sanctions or interim measures;
  3. Failure to comply with the directive of authorized university officials or police officers;
  4. Failure to identify oneself or to show an identification card when requested to do so by authorized university officials or police officers; or
  5. Providing, procuring, or seeking to procure, false testimony in any university or administrative process.

According to the OSC website, Delta Tau Delta will be required to hold an alcohol awareness workshop for new and active members prior to the first day of fall term classes, where there must be 90 percent attendance and review risk management policies and prevent unregistered events from occurring by Sep. 14, 2018. 

In addition, the fraternity’s conduct probation and social host probation have been extended through Dec. 15, 2018. 

Of the 39 sanctions listed on OSC’s website, 36 of them are greek.