Letter: Athletics Director welcomes new Cyclones, families

KE LU

Jamie Pollard headshot

Dear fellow Cyclones,

On behalf of our staff and coaches, along with several hundred of your peers who participate in intercollegiate athletics for the Cyclones, it’s my pleasure to welcome you to Iowa State University. We are excited to have you join Cyclone Nation and hope that Iowa State Athletics will be an integral part of your collegiate experience.

The student support for our athletics programs is the foundation for any success we achieve on the field or the court. Students bring an energy that sets the pace for the entire game-day atmosphere. We need and want your support. Our coaches love to brag about the loyalty and passion of our student fan base. It’s our sincere hope that you buy tickets, attend games, cheer loudly and wear your cardinal and gold proudly.

To encourage your involvement, we’re offering an “All Sports Package”, which provides tickets to football and men’s basketball (except for holiday break) games as well as membership in Cyclone Alley.

This package — as long as supplies last (850 are held for a freshmen lottery) — is your only way to get a season ticket for men’s basketball this year. The package is available for $249.

All ISU students receive free admission to all home women’s basketball, volleyball, soccer, softball, wrestling and gymnastics events. For admittance to these events, students will need to present their student ID.

We look forward to seeing you on Sept. 1 when Coach Matt Campbell and his Cyclones open the football season at Jack Trice Stadium against South Dakota State. Go Cyclones!

Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics