Individual reports Frederiksen Court sexual assault

Tyrus Pavicich

An individual reported being sexually assaulted by an acquaintance on March 25, according to a timely warning sent by the ISU Police Department.

The warning, which was emailed to the entire campus, said the assault occurred in a Frederiksen Court apartment, located north of campus. 

This is the second timely warning this semester, both relating to sexual assaults.

Included in the email was ISU Police’s list of resources relating to sexual assault, with links to Assault Care Center Extending Shelter and Support (ACCESS) as well as the Dean of Students Office’s sexual misconduct page.

The email also offered information about bystander training provided by Green Dot, which can be found at studentwellness.iastate.edu, or by contacting [email protected] or 515-294-1099.

The Clery Act requires universities and colleges that participate in federal aid programs to notify students and employees whenever there is “a threat that a serious crime is ongoing or may be repeated.”

Timely warnings are specifically for incidents which take place on Clery geography which is defined as “any building or property owned or controlled by an institution within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area and used by the institution in direct support of, or in a manner related to, the institution’s education purposes.”