StuGov agenda: First meeting of the semester Wednesday

Student Government senate meetings take place every Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.

Alex Connor

Senate will convene Wednesday as it steps into its last legislative cycle under the current administration.

Because it is the first meeting of the new year, its agenda is lagging in general orders. However, it will be the first meeting structured by a bylaw change made last semester that prioritizes external matters—such as club funding—before internal matters on the agenda. 

Director of Information Technology, Scott Fisk, will also be giving the program for the meeting.

As for new business, which will go through its first read Wednesday and then discussed in full next week, orders include: 

• A $27,765 funding request to 88.5 KURE for phase two of their studio upgrade,
  • A $50 funding request for Iowa State University Ladies in Fitness Training to help a student participate in “completion that was not originally budgeted for,”
  • A $162 funding request to the ISU Sailing Club to attend an event and,
  • A $1,104 funding request for ISU Pre-Veterinary Club to attend a symposium.

Internal new business includes:

• Defining the definition of a chief officer and,
  • Removing bylaw redundancy by removing bylaw 14.1.7.

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.