How to minimize stress ahead of break and leading up to finals

Max Goldberg/Iowa State Daily

With the amount of projects in various mediums design students have to do in a semester, it’s no wonder that they are one of the most stressed out students on campus. 

Andrea Poppinga

It is a stressful time of the year, and with Thanksgiving break just around the corner, there are several ways you can lower your stress and workload upon your arrival back to Iowa State.

1. Wash all your bedding, clothing, towels etc. and fold it before break.

No one wants to come back from break with dirty laundry and dirty sheets.

It can help lower your stress, because it is one less thing you will have to worry about in the weeks leading up to finals.

2. Plan ahead when it comes to meals.

Instead of having random various ingredients lying around your kitchen, plan your meals a day or so in advance. That way you aren’t wasting precious time thinking of what to make for lunch or dinner and you are using that time to study instead.

3. Make sure you are getting enough sleep.

It is so important, yet some people pull endless all-nighters in the weeks leading up to finals.

Studying is obviously important, but prioritize your list from most important to least important. That way you are getting to bed at a decent time, but you are still accomplishing the tasks you need to on time.