Patagonia joins the Iowa State Fashion Show

Gillian Holte/Iowa State Daily

Patagonia’s vice president of public engagement Rick Ridgeway speaks to Iowa State students on Feb. 2 in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union.

Senija Munic

The fashion department has announced their guest company Patagonia to be joining the 2018 Fashion show. Each year, Iowa State is lucky enough to reach out to a very successful designer or company to come out experience and help out with the fashion show.

Student organizers Josie Brownmiller and Emily Clark were each excited for this announcement.

“We are honored to host representatives from Patagonia’s product development for the Fashion Show 2018. Partnering with such a unique company offers the opportunity to connect with the entire Iowa State student body and the reaction so far has been inspiring,” Clark said. “We look forward to spreading their message of sustainability and initiatives to protect public lands during their visit in April.”

Patagonia’s mission is: “Build the best product, cause no unnecessary, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.”

Their brand recognition on campus will engage the entire student body with their sustainability platform and activists efforts to inspire the students here at Iowa state.

Three representatives from the company will bring 20 to 30 looks which will be modeled by 15 Iowa state female students and 15 male students that will represent brand image and recent collections.

In addition to the fashion show, the representatives will stay on campus during fashion week and present lectures on protection of public lands, redefining agricultural processes and research, sustainable design and innovations, responsible and ethical supply chain, along with workshops, undergraduate classes and high school students.

Fashion week starts on April 9, 2018 at 7 p.m. with more details to come.