International Week will take over the MU this week

Dineh Bohan/Iowa State Daily

Arab Student Association President, Mohamed Abufalgha, serves people kabsa during the Internaitonal Food Fair in the Memorial Union April 9. The event is put on by various international student clubs and organizations.

Jill O'Brien

The International Student Council will kick off its yearly International Week Sunday. The week will feature music, dance, food and games from different cultures. Check out the week’s events here:

Sunday, Oct. 22

World Cuisine

11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Memorial Union South Ballroom

$2 in advance, $3 at the door

Kick off International Week with an afternoon of entertainment, meals, snacks and drinks from 12 different countries, as well as the chance to win prizes over the course of the day. Visit the International Week Facebook page for more information.

Monday, Oct. 23

Dance Night

7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Memorial Union Great Hall

Free admission

Iowa State’s dance groups will be teaching dance lessons of all different styles and four of Iowa State’s dance groups, ISC K-Pop Dance, C-Nettes, Celtic Dance Society and Dabke Dance, will be performing. The night will also include music from the countries featured in the dancing.

Tuesday, Oct. 24

International Bazaar Night

7 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Memorial Union Campanile Room

Free admission

Enjoy cultural displays, try on traditional clothes and play games from other countries. Each group will be sharing ghost stories from their respective countries as well. There will also be opportunities to win prizes and $5 Starbucks gift cards over the course of the evening.

Wednesday, Oct. 25

International Game Night

7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Memorial Union South Ballroom

Free admission

Head to the South Ballroom for an evening of games from all around the world. Games will include Senet, an Egyptian board game, Ludo, a board game from Pakistan, Congkak, a Malaysian mancala game, water pong from the United States, Cribbage, a card game from the United Kingdom, Chinese Chess and other.

Those who finish all of the games will be eligible to win prizes.

Friday, Oct. 27

International Night

6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Memorial Union Great Hall

The final event of International Week will feature 13 different performances, as well as international food and prizes. The event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 5:45 p.m.