StuGov to hear from Green Dot program, debate Cyclone Disc Golf Club debt contract

Jacob Zirkelbach, clerk of the senate, attends the Student Government meeting on Aug. 23, 2017. 

Alex Connor

Student Government will hear a presentation from Iowa State’s Green Dot Program during its meeting Wednesday night.

The senate will also debate a Cyclone Disc Golf Club contract introduced at last week’s meeting. 

The financial agreement is between Student Government and the Cyclone Disc Golf Club that would give the organization $853.42 that would have to be repaid to Student Government in $224.13 installments for four semesters. 

Under new business, the senate will introduce a Cyclone Stampede Funding Request of $21,217.25 to help host their rodeo in the fall; a funding request of $1,000 from the Multicultural Business Network for an organization trip; and a request fro $756.16 funding request from the ISU Badminton Club to attend a tournament. 

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.