Let’s go to the show: first SUB events for the semester (summer pub)

Jill O'Brien

From comedy nights to M-Shop shows, the Student Union Board knows how to put on something for everyone. Here are the first few events announced by SUB for the fall semester. 

Ben Rector 

August 23, 8 P.M.

Great Hall, Memorial Union

$18 for ISU students/$28 for public (tickets available at midwestix.com or the M-Shop box office starting August 21). 

The “Brand New” singer will hit the Great Hall as the artist for SUB’s kickoff concert. 

Melissa Villasenor 

August 25, 11 P.M. 

Great Hall, MU

Free/open to the public 

America’s Got Talent semifinalist and Saturday Night Live comedian Melissa Villasenor will perform in the Great Hall.

T.J. Miller

October 6, 8 P.M. 

Great Hall, MU

$20 for ISU students/$30 for public 

*rescheduled from September 16, tickets purchased for original date will be honored. 

T.J. Miller has lent his talents to films and television shows like Big Hero 6, Deadpool, Silicon Valley and How to Train Your Dragon. Now, the comedian named one of Variety’s “Top 10 Comics to Watch” and Entertainment Weekly’s “Next Big Thing In Comedy will grace the Great Hall for a long-awaited set. 

Judah and the Lion

December 1, 8 P.M. 

Great Hall, MU

$15 for ISU students/$25 for public (tickets available through midwestix.com or at the M-Shop box office starting August 21). 

After college brought them together from various corners of the country, Judah and the Lion combined every kind of music they heard, from folk to hip-hop to rock, to create their unique sound. The band has toured with artists like Matt Kearney, Ben Rector and, most recently , twenty one pilots. The band will continue playing festivals and headlining their “Going to Mars” tour.