IRHA hosts final meeting of semester, discusses weekend events

The Inter-Residence Hall Association debates over a Leadership Funds transfer on March 9. The bill passed.

Rachel Ori

The Inter-Residence Hall Association discussed weekend events and voted on a dead week treats bill at its final meeting of the semester Thursday night.

The incoming president and vice president, Scott Fisk and Claire Nauman, took charge of the meeting.

The meeting opened with a presentation from members of Assault Care Center Extending Shelter and Support. An event benefitting the organization will take place from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday at Reiman Gardens. 

The first bill discussed dealt with funding for Eaton Hall dead week treats. The bill asked for $600, with all unused funds being reverted back to the IRHA fund.

An amendment was made, changing the amount from $600 to $400.

The bill failed with a vote of 6-15-0.

After the vote, open forum was held.

The Barbeque Bash will begin at 1 p.m. Sunday at Wallace and Wilson halls. The event will include an outdoor showing of a movie once the sun sets.

A service project will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday at Martin Hall. Care packages will be created for the ISU Police Department and ACCESS.

The fourth annual Carrie Lane event will be take place from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday. Live music and free food supplied by Hickory Park will be held outside of Richardson Court. 

Student Government will host a town hall meeting from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. next Thursday in the Multicultural Student Center.