Events happening throughout Dead Week

Ryan Bretoi/Iowa State Daily

Brogan, a therapy dog, greets an Iowa State student during Barks @ Parks held at Parks Library on April 24. Local therapy dogs, such as Brogan, are brought to Parks Library every semester during the week before finals. 

Emily Clement

Dead Week is here and there are a variety of different events going on around campus throughout the week.

Here is a breakdown of those events:

Barks @ Parks is taking place in the rotunda of Parks Library from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. every day this week.

Take a break from studying and spend some time with the certified therapy dogs. Also, feel free to use #BarksAtParks when sharing your photos with the dogs on Twitter.

International Sculpture Day will take place at the Anderson Sculpture Garden on the north side of Morrill Hall from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday.

Three artists who are part of the ISU Art on Campus Collection have been given the Lifetime Achievement Award. ISU Museums will be giving a tour of the sculptures by the recognized artists.

The Art + Issues- Building a Campus Community discussion will take place at the Christian Petersen Art Museum from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday.

University Museum’s educator of visual literacy and learning will be facilitating the discussion. Current events will be discussed, but attendees are also encouraged to bring other ideas.

The Ask the Expert: National Preservation Week discussion will take place in Parks Library lobby from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday. This will also take place from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday and 12 pm. to 2 p.m. on Thursday.

Parks Library preservation staff will provide their expert advice for handling and caring for heirlooms and collectibles. 

The CODAC (College of Design Art Club) Spring Sale will take place on the foyer outside the Dean’s Office of the College of Design building from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday as well as on Thursday and Friday.

Work by students in the integrated studio arts and visual arts programs will be showcased and available for purchase. Prices range from $5 to $150.

Outdoor recreation equipment will be for sale in the west gymnasium of State Gym from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.

Used bicycles, canoes, water gear, rock climbing gear and camping gear will be for sale.

Robin and Linda Williams will be at the M-Shop at 9 p.m. on Thursday.

The two will perform a blend of bluegrass, fold, old-time and acoustic country music. The cost is $15 for students and $20 for adults.

The Symposium: Archaeological, Biological and Cultural Approaches to Understanding Humans will take place in the Gallery and Pioneer Room of the Memorial Union from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday.

This opportunity allows students to share their projects and research with faculty and peers in an academic setting. Anyone is welcome.

The Voorhees Supply Chain Management Conference will take place in the Sukup End Zone Club of Jack Trice Stadium from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Friday.

Anyone can come to learn about the future of supply chain management with industry experts. A reception will follow. The cost is free to students and $25 for everyone else.

More information and events can be found on the Iowa State University website under the events tab.