Masquerade Ball preview

Rachel Ori

The seventh annual Masquerade Ball will be held this Saturday in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union.

The event is put on by the Oak-Elm residence hall council, with additional funding coming from the Inter-Residence Hall Association.

A masquerade ball typically includes individuals in costume and wearing masks. Any appropriate dress wear is suitable for this event, with masks available in the Great Hall to wear throughout the evening. 

Along with support from IRHA, students from the Oak-Elm and Birch-Welch-Roberts residence halls put on the first ball in 2011, with a high student and guest turnout.

The ball was originally designed for students who may have missed out on, or are nostalgic for their high school dances. As the years have gone by, students of all varieties have enjoyed the event, with the Oak-Elm hall council and IRHA continuing to help put it on each spring semester.

In past years, the event has featured dance lessons taught by club leaders, food from Iowa State dining, and videographers to capture the night.

A photo booth, music, and other activities will be featured throughout this year’s festivities.

The event is free and is open to all Iowa State students and their guests.

Social Media cutlines: 

Twitter:The 7th annual Masquerade Ball is being held this Saturday in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union. 

Facebook: The Oak-Elm residence hall is putting on the 7th annual Masquerade Ball this Saturday in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union.