Student Choice: Day 1

The winner of Best Place to Live on Campus.

Isd Staff

For the days leading up to Spring Break, the Iowa State Daily will release the seven to eight winners of Student Choice 2017 each day. If you want to see all of the winners at once, make sure to pick up a print copy on campus.

Best Place to Live on Campus – Maple-Willow-Larch Residence Halls

Best Property Management Firm – First Property Management

First Property Management was started in 2001 by co-owners Mike Frisk and Jim Cornwell, who combined have more than 60 years of real estate experience. First Property Management has more than 925 housing units, which range from $380 to $2,500 per month. Many of these properties are less than three blocks away from campus. Frisk said the reason First Property Management has been so successful is because of its dedicated employees who give the tenants a great living experience.

Best Place to Live Off Campus – 23 Twenty Lincoln

Best Bank – U.S. Bank

Best Credit Union – Greater Iowa Credit Union

Greater Iowa Credit Union is a growing, member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative and serves Ames, Denison, Des Moines, Indianola and West Des Moines with more locations on the way. Starting in 1932 with just nine employees, the Greater Iowa Credit Union came from working out of rented spaces to serving almost 30,000 customers throughout 33 counties in central and western Iowa. With three locations in Ames on Lincoln Way, Airport Road and Northridge Parkway, the Greater Iowa Credit Union has been offering great rates and service from the start. 

Best Auto Dealer – Ames Ford Lincoln

Best Car Wash – Tornado Wash by Ames Jiffy Lube 

Locally owned and operated, Tornado Wash by Ames Jiffy Lube offers more than just oil changes. Ames Tornado Wash features an 80-foot state-of-the-art rocket conveyor ideal for washing your vehicle. The Tornado Car Wash employs a revolutionary FoamBrite material to help deliver an exceptional clean. The owner, Dave Hyman, believes the customer is the most important part of the business and wants to be your go-to place for not only car washes, but also all of your car maintenance needs. 

Best Auto Repair – Ron’s Auto Repair Center