Cyclones lose fight against Fighting Illini

Emily Blobaum/Iowa State Daily

Iowa State sophomore Laura Miksch sophomore dives into the pool during the 50 yard freestyle. The Iowa State swim team hosted the annual Cy-Hawk swim meet at Beyer Hall Fri. night. The Hawkeyes would go on to win every event, contributing to the team’s 190-93 win. 

Rachel Given

Iowa State’s Swim and Dive team fell against Illinois on the road, 186-114.

The Cyclone divers earned top spots against the Illini. Senior Julie Dickinson posted a first place finish on the 1-meter board, just shy of breaking 300, with a score of 299.38. Freshmen

Katherine Mueller earned third place on the same board with a score of 237.82. Dickinson also earned a second place finish on the 3-meter board with a score of 264.54.

On the swim team, junior Harper Emswiler grabbed the first win for the Cyclones in the 100-yard backstroke. She touched the pad at 58.07 and added nine points to the Cyclones’ total.

In the 50-yard freestyle, junior Laura Miksch and senior Maddie Rastall took second and third, respectively.

Rastall was less than .5 seconds from taking first, earning second behind Illinois’ Audrey Rodawig in the 100-yard freestyle.

The Cyclones are back in action in Beyer on Saturday against West Virginia.