Upcoming shows for the Ames music scene

Jacob Beals

From now until the end of the spring semester, a variety of different shows will take place in local music venues around Ames.

Here is a list of all the upcoming concerts that will round out the end of another school year before summer starts:

Bluestem Stage

All tickets for shows at Bluestem can be purchased from Eventbrite or at the door.

March 18: The Steepwater Band will perform from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets cost $12 for students and $15 for adults.

April 9: Willy Porter, Carmen Nickerson and Andy Goessling will perform from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets cost $20 for all ages. 

To find out more about the Bluestem Stage, visit its website. 

The Maintenance Shop

All tickets for shows at the M-Shop can be purchased at its ticket office, at the door or on Midwestix.

March 24: Eli “Paperboy” Reed will perform at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $12 for students and $15 for the public. 

March 29: Open Mic Night at 8 p.m. Admission is free.

April 1: Christopher the Conquered, TWINS and Gloom Balloon will perform at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $5 for students and $10 for public.

April 7: Brandy Clark will perform at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $15 for students and $20 for the public.

April 8: Keith Scott with Dylan Boyle and ISU JamBand will perform at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $8 for students and $10 for the public.

April 9: Penny and Sparrow with Corey Kilgannon will perform at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $10 for students and $12 for the public.

April 12: Open Mic Night at 8 p.m. Admission is free.

April 22: General B and the Wiz with The Weathered Heads will perform at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $5 for students and $7 for public.

April 23: Bob Schneider will perform at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $15 for students and $20 for public.

To find out more about the M-Shop, visit its website. 

DG’s Tap House

March 12: Ira Grace and the Bible Belt Prophets and Jess DeWitt will perform from 8 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is free.

March 15: Local Singer-Songwriter Showcase will take place from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is free.

March 17: The Righteous Wicked will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door.

March 18: Drunk N’ Disorderly will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is free.

March 24: Local Punk Showcase will take place from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is free.

March 25: The Candymakers and Frogleg will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is free.

March 26: Jumbies will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. 

April 1: Dan Tedesco and Dylan Boyle will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door.

April 2: Amber Brimeyer’s Birthday with the Maytags will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is free.

April 7: Kickstart the Sun will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is free. 

April 8: King of the Tramps will perform its CD release show with Matt Woods from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door.

April 9: Vinyl Vagabonds will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door.

April 12: Not Ben Shin and Flavor Basket will perform a part of the folk-punk showcase from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m.

April 14: Satsang and Goodcat will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door.

April 15: The Colt Walkers and Beef Cake will perform a part of the Rock ‘N’ Roll Promenade from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m.

April 24: Molly Gene One Whoaman Band will perform from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door.

April 26: Minorcan will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m.

April 29: Dead Larry will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $10 at the door.

April 30: The Fightin’ Side will perform from 9 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door.

For show prices and more information, visit the DG’s Tap House website. 

The Iowa Music Store

March 26: The Wych Elm, Basin and Crooked Torus will perform from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.  

April 15: Twinsmith with Bluejack and Ben Schrag will perform at 7 p.m.

The Iowa Music Store also hosts free open mic nights from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m every Sunday.

For more information and concert admission prices, visit the Iowa Music Store’s website.