GPSS to discuss executive position elections

Josh Newell

Vice President Cory Kleinheksel speaks Monday during the first meeting of the Graduate and Professional Student Senate in the South Ball Room of the Memorial Union in Ames.

Rakiah Bonjour

The Graduate and Professional Student Senate will meet Monday night to discuss an ongoing bill and executive position elections.

George Weston, graduate student in sociology, and Vivek Lawana, graduate student in biomedical sciences, are the presidential candidates. Bharat Agrawal, graduate student in aerospace engineering, and Fabian Campbell, graduate student in mechanical engineering, are vice-presidential candidates.

The only bill up for discussion is in regard to revising the GPSS Constitution, which was voted on and passed during February’s meeting. Three votes are required in order for a constitutional amendment or revision to be made. Monday night’s vote will count as the second.

The revisions deal with the longstanding issue of representation, now making GPSS representation available through academic unit instead of department because of gaps in representation.

The March meeting will take place at 6:30 in the South Ballroom of the Memorial Union.