Your day’s briefing: Monday, Feb. 25

Students from the College of Design participate in a Retail Scapes studio class that works on improving the Main Street of Jefferson.

Mainstreet 

Students in the College of Design have the opportunity to make changes to the real world before they receive a diploma. Retail Scapes, an interdisciplinary studio offered to seniors and graduate students in the College of Design, focuses on making improvements to an Iowa community each spring semester. To learn how Iowa State students could help view the full story here.

Ames Scam Calling

Fraud callers claiming to be part of the IRS and demanding payments are targeting Iowa State students and Ames residents. The usual scam is the caller will say there are back taxes owed or fees required, and they want people’s names and social security numbers. To learn how to protect yourself against fraud view the full story here.

Homecoming

With a small crowd of students looking on, the ISU Homecoming Central Committee discussed the possibility of a Homecoming parade Wednesday night, in Carver. To see what president Leath said to homecoming Central General Co-chair Allison Pitz during their discussion, view the full story here.

Members of the committee said the idea for a parade has been around for about a year. 

David Harris

Iowa State’s senior associate athletic director David Harris has been named the new director of athletics at Northern Iowa, the school announced in a press release Wednesday. To read about details of the transition view the full story here.

Coach Rhoads New Job

Former ISU football coach Paul Rhoads has found his new home, and it’s back in the SEC. Arkansas announced Wednesday that Rhoads was joining the staff as the new defensive backs coach.To view read about the details regarding the transition view the full story here.