Comedian Kenan Thompson to perform in February

Tickets are on sale for comedian Kenan Thompson’s Feb. 17, 2016 performance at C.Y. Stephens Auditorium. Thompson will perform at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 for ISU students only; $30 for the public.

Melissa Garrett

Tickets are still on sale for Comedian Kenan Thompson’s performance at 8 p.m. Feb. 17 at C.Y. Stephens Auditorium.

Sponsored by the Student Union Board, prices for the show are $20 for ISU students only. Adults, youth and non-ISU student tickets are $30. For ISU student tickets, a student ID will be required at the door. Doors will open at 7 p.m. 

Tickets are currently available at the Stephens Auditorium Ticket Office and via Ticketmaster.

Most popularly seen as a “Saturday Night Live” regular, Thompson recently finished wrapping his 12th season with SNL. 

Thompson has contributed a “catalog of hilarious impersonations that include Bill Cosby, Rev. Al Sharpton, Charles Barkley, Cee Lo Green and Whoopi Goldberg,” according to a press release for the show. Thompson is also known for playing a variety of humorous characters, from “DJ Dynasty Handbag” to Weekend Update correspondent “Jean K. Jean.”

Originally from Atlanta, Ga., Thompson’s big television debut was on Nickelodeon’s TV show “All That,” a comedy sketch series with youth comedians, which later resulted in spinoff show “Kenan and Kel”, with co-star Kel Mitchell, in 1996.

Thompson has lent his voice as Greedy Smurf in “The Smurfs” and “The Smurfs 2” and on “Space Chimps”, “Sit Down, Shut Up”, as well as the Kobe/LeBron Nike puppet campaign during the NBA Playoffs, according to the press release. 

Thompson is credited with starring alongside Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler and Ed Helms in “They Came Together” and opposite Samuel L. Jackson in “Snakes on a Plane”. 

The press release lists other feature film credits such as: “Fat Albert”, “D2: The Mighty Ducks”, “Good Burger”, “Wieners”, “Rocky & Bullwinkle”, “Heavyweights” with Ben Stiller, “My Boss’ Daughter” with Ashton Kutcher and “Barbershop 2”.

Most recently, Thompson has lent his vocal talents as Impresario in the HULU original animated series “The Awesomes”, created by fellow SNL cast member Seth Meyers.

For more information about Thompson and the show, visit his website and SUB’s website