Tips to having a better semester

Tyler.Lewis.Com

All students can find areas of improvement from semester to semester. A new semester means an opportunity to start with a clean slate and get the grades you want and deserve. While it does sound easy, not falling into last semesters habits can be a pretty difficult task. Here is some tips to help you have a successful semester.

Take Psychology 131

If you have the space in your schedule and you need a little guidance to help you get the right skills to be successful, Psychology 131 will be your best bet. Psych 131 is a class designed to facilitate students’ development of academic skills, behaviors and attitudes.

Utilize Office Hours

If you have the time in your schedule, going to see your professor during their office hours can prove to be a vital step in getting the grades that you want. Whether it’s for studying for a huge test or not understanding topics just discussed in class, when the door is open take advantage of it.

Check out the Academic Success Center

The ASC has a wealth of information and resources that will help you become a better student. They offer tutors, SI sessions, and information pamphlets that will get you on the right track regardless of what your struggling with.

Find a time or place to study regularly

One of the easiest steps to becoming a better student is by establishing a pattern or habit for studying. Set aside a time and place to study every single day and make it routine.