What’s up next for the Ames music scene

Ames247 Logo

Ames247 Logo

Jacob Beals

The year is winding down, but there are plenty of opportunities to check out concerts before 2016. Here are upcoming shows at local Ames venues, including The Maintenance Shop, Bluestem Stage, DG’s Tap House, and the Iowa Music Store.

The Maintenance Shop:

Dec. 3- The Gibson Brothers will perform at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $10 for students and $15 for public and can be purchased through Midwestix and ticket  prices go up by $2 on the day of the show.

For more information on the Maintenance Shop visit their website.

Bluestem Stage:

All tickets for Bluestem concerts are available at Eventbrite and at the door.

Dec. 5- Little Feavers will perform from 8 to 11 p.m. Tickets cost $10 for students and $12 for adults.

Dec. 12- Alastair Greene Band will perform from 8 to 11 p.m. Tickets cost $12 for students and $15 for adults.

Dec. 19- Davina and the Vagabonds will perform from 8 to 11 p.m. Tickets cost $18 for students and $20 for adults. 

For more infromation about the Bluestem stage visit their website

The Iowa Music Store

Dec. 4- The ISU GENRE Club Showcase is from 8-11 p.m and admission is $5.

Every Sunday from now until the end of the year, the Iowa Music Store hosts a free open mic night for anyone who wants to come out and show their talents from 7:30 to 10 p.m. 

For more information on the Iowa Music Store, visit their website

DG’s Tap House:

Dec. 5- The Way Down Wanderers will perform from 9 to 11:55 p.m. and admission is $7.

Dec. 10- Mountain Sprout will perform from 9 to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $10.

Dec. 11- Jumbies will perform from 9 to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5.

Dec. 12- Electric Jury and Strong Like Bear present ANIMALS, which will go on from 9 to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $10.

Dec. 17- Ames Circle Pit will but on a metal showcase from 9 to 11:55 p.m. Admission is $5.

Dec. 19- Bareaoke: The Iowa School of Burlesque and karaoke will start at 8 p.m. Admission is $5.

Dec. 31- New Years Eve Extravaganza featuring Jon Wayne And The Pain, Mumford’s and Doctor Murdock, which starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $20.

For more information about DG’s Tap House, visit their website