Finish Ticket to perform at the Maintenance Shop

Finish Ticket performs at 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 3, at the Maintenance Shop in the Memorial Union. Tickets are $8 with a student ID and $12 for the public, with a $2 increase the day of the show. Tickets can be purchased at the M-Shop box office or online at Midwestix.

Courtesy of SUB

Parker Reed

Energetic Indie-pop rocker band Finish Ticket will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday at the Maintenance Shop.

Tickets are $8 with a student ID and $12 for the public, with a $2 increase the day of the show. Tickets can be purchased at the M-Shop box office or online at Midwestix.

Doors open at 7:30 p.m.

Originally from Alameda, Calif., Finish Ticket’s first big break came after appearing at a Battle of the Bands competition in 2008, while the members were still in high school.

The band’s energetic live performance caught the attention of Live 105, a local San Francisco radio station that featured the band in its year-end holiday show, sharing the stage with My Chemical Romance, The Black Keys and Phoenix, and others.

The band released EPs, “Life Underwater” and “Shake a Symphony,” in 2009 and 2010, respectfully, but the group started gaining more exposure after releasing its debut LP “Tears You Apart” in early 2013.

“Tears You Apart” featured singles such as “Tranquilize” and “Catch You on My Way Out.” “Tranquilize” has tracked more than 255,000 listeners on Spotify and its music video has garnered more than 35,000 YouTube views. 

Finish Ticket has been showing up on many music fans’ radars after a few extensive tours with big-name acts such as Awolnation and The Kin.

The band played a sold-out show last December in San Francisco at The Fillmore, which has hosted other notable acts such as Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Neon Trees and Bleachers.

Finish Ticket has played at a variety of music festivals including Chicago’s Fashion and Music Festival and Alice’s Summerthing on Radio 97.3.

Finish Ticket will hit the road alongside Echosmith, supporting Twenty One Pilots — both of whom performed in Ames last year — on its Blurryface tour.

The band will release a new EP titled “When Night Becomes Day” on Friday and will start touring with Twenty One Pilots and Echosmith Tuesday.

For more information, visit the M-shop website and SUB website.