APP: Parking made easy

Michaela Ramm

Students who commute to campus don’t have to worry about getting another ticket for an expired meter thanks to a new app called Parkmobile.

Parkmobile is an app that allows users to pay their meter, as well as extend their time, while on the go. 

Here’s the need to know on the new app on campus.

The app? ISU Parking Division has signed a contract with Parkmmobile, an app that enables drivers to pay for the meter or to extend their time if they can’t make it to the meter on time through their smartphone. 

Where? At three pre-pay lots on campus: Lot 21 by the Armory, Lot 100 by Lied and the east campus parking deck. 

How many? Approximately 503 meters were installed this summer and are currently active.

How do I use it? In order to use the app, drivers park at the meter, plug their zone number into the phone and choose the amount of time they wish to park. Users can also sign up for text notifications, which will warn them if their time is running out.

How do I pay? The app accepts payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express or PayPal for a transaction fee of 35 cents. Users can also sign up for Parkmobile Wallet through the app and will only be charged a 15-cent transaction fee.

How do I sign up? Users can download the app on any Apple, Android, Windows or Blackberry device or can register at the website here.