Dustin Lynch Comes to Campus

Dustin Lynch performs Tuesday night as part of CALS week.

Courtesy of SUB.

Emily Benda

Country artist Dustin Lynch will perform at the Hansen Agriculture Learning Center Tuesday at 8 p.m. The concert is a part of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) week celebration.

Tickets are $18 with a student ID or $28 for the public. Tickets can be purchased at the Maintenance Shop or via Midwestix

The CALS committee has been working with the Student Union Board (SUB) since last spring to put on this event.

“It’s a big partnership,” Winston Stalvey, senior in marketing and national events director of SUB, said. “We decided equally who [the performer would] be.”

Lynch has toured with big country names, such as Luke Bryan and Keith Urban. His most recent album, “Where It’s At,” debuted as the No. 1 selling digital country album in the U.S.

“I love the song ‘Where It’s At,’’’ Amy Nelson, sophomore in marketing, said. “There’s nothing better than an attractive country singer.”

Opening for Lynch is country artist Brett Young. Young recently finished a tour with singer-songwriter Tyrone Wells and is currently touring all over the country. 

“He’s a great artist,” Stalvey said. “We’re excited to have him open up.”

SUB anticipates a good turnout for the concert. Tickets sold for Lynch have already surpassed the tickets sold for the David Nail concert last year during CALS week.

“We have a great student body for country, most of our shows do pretty well,” Stalvey said.

Doors open at 7 p.m. For more information, visit the SUB website