‘The Voice’ finalist returns for performance at ISU

Courtesy of Student Union Board

Courtesy of Student Union Board

Emily Benda

Tony Lucca, featured on season two of “The Voice,” is coming to the Maintenance Shop on Friday.

This will be the Detroit native’s second performance at Iowa State.

“He does really well, he has a really good following in Ames,” said Natasha Porizkova, co-director of the Maintenance Shop. 

Lucca grew up around a large and musical family. He started his first gig as a musician at a junior high school dance and eventually was cast in “The All New Mickey Mouse Club” at the age of 15. 

Lucca was a finalist on “The Voice” in 2012 under the mentorship of Adam Levine. During his time on the show, Lucca has performed with artists such as Kelly Clarkson, Marc Anthony and Sara Bareilles. 

Lucca nows tours across the country promoting his newest music. 

Recently, Lucca released his eighth full-length studio album and first self-produced effort, “Tony Lucca,” in January of this year. The album is meant to be more personal to Lucca and one of the songs is named after his daughter, “Sparrow.”

“I really like the instrumentation in his songs, especially in ‘Delilah,’” said Matt Lentner, freshman in chemical engineering. 

Porizkova said there should be a large crowd for Lucca because it is a Friday show. 

“He’s gained a face from the multiple different venues he’s played at,” Prizkova said. 

Tony Lucca will perform Friday at the Maintenance Shop. The show starts at 9 p.m. and doors open at 8:30 p.m. Anna Rose and Castle Creek will open for Lucca. 

Tickets are $10 with a student ID or $15 for the public, with a $2 increase the day of the show. Tickets can be purchased at the Maintenance Shop box office or online at www.midwestix.com