Get to know the new wrestlers in the lineup

Chris Wolff

ISU coach Kevin Jackson has made a change to his starting lineup in recent weeks. As the team looks to strengthen up a few weight classes, the coach has decided to make a change at the 141- and 157-pound weight classes.

At 141, Dante Rodriguez has taken the place of John Meeks. Rodriguez racked up pins in eight of his first nine matches of the season while competing unattached for the Cyclones.

Since the redshirt has come off prior to the Cy-Hawk dual, Rodriguez has compiled a record of 2-3, including an upset win over #11 ranked Mark Hall of Minnesota last weekend.

The true freshman hails from Nebraska, where he racked up a record of 155-16 in high school en route to three state championships. 

Daniel Woiwor has taken over the starting job at 157 pounds for the time being in place of Luke Goettl. 

Woiwor competed at the early season tournaments but hasn’t wrestled since the dual season began. Woiwor’s first action as a starter came at the Cliff Keen Invitational where Iowa State finished 1-2. Woiwor’s lone win of the tournament came by pin.

The redshirt freshman is a Apple Valley, Minnesota, native and finished his high school record with 219 wins for wrestling powerhouse Apple Valley High School. 

Read the full story here.