GPSS

Matthew Rezab

The Graduate and Professional Student Senate voted to amend Professional Advancement Grant policies and procedures.

Professional Advancement Grants are primarily used to cover travel and registration expenses for academic conferences. Graduate students are permitted to apply for the funds through the GPSS.

The PAG guidelines were amended last spring by the senate to attempt to make the process more equitable.

Awareness of new PAG policies

FY 15 budget modification policies, any left over money from the year before rolls over to the following year

Nominations

Peer teaching and research award deadline

Laura Doering, registrar, discussed recognizing graduate students for of their leadership activities at graduation.

Doering also informed the senate the Registrar’s Office was considering a one-time fee for students upon entering Iowa State. The one-time fee would entitle the students to graduation applications, transcripts for life and drop the $12 schedule-change fee.

“We’re still crunching the numbers,” Doering said. “but right now we’re looking at about $175.”

Currently the graduation and degree application fee is $75 and $16 per transcript ordered.

Senior Vice President for Student Affairs, Tom Hill, took suggestions from senators on solving a number of enrollment related issues. Graduate student housing, gridlock on campus and university sponsored childcare were discussed.