Iowa State gets four players on All-Big 12 lists

Miranda Cantrell/Iowa State Daily

Senior forward Hallie Christofferson attempts to block an opposing Baylor player during the Cyclones game against Baylor at Hilton Coliseum March 4. After a slow start, the Cyclones picked up their game to tighten the point gap, but ultimately the Cyclones fell to the Lady Bears 70-54. This was the Cyclones’ senior night game.

Dylan Montz

Hallie Christofferson has found herself on the All-Big 12 list once again.

For the second year in a row Christofferson, senior from Hamlin, Iowa, was named to the All-Big 12 first team, while junior Nikki Moody was selected as an All-Big 12 second team honoree, the league announced March 6.

Christofferson has averaged 18.5 points and 7.2 rebounds per game while shooting 89.2 percent from the free throw line, second best in the Big 12. She has also earned seven double-doubles this season and has scored 20 or more points in 15 games.

Moody was selected to the All-Big 12 second team for the first time in her career after averaging 12.7 points, 5.4 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game. She also dished out five or more assists in 18 games and had 10 or more assists in two games this season.

Freshmen Jadda Buckley and Seanna Johnson also were recognized by the conference as a part of the All-Big 12 freshman team, after accounting for eight of the 18 conference freshman of the week awards this season. Buckley and Johnson’s selection marked the first time in the history of the award that one school has placed two players on the team in the same year.

In her freshman campaign, Buckley averaged 11 points and 3.2 assists per game. She scored 20 or more points in two games this season and scored in double-figures 16 times.

Johnson provided a presence for Iowa State on the boards averaging 10.6 points and a team-best 8.1 rebounds per game. She also scored in double-digits 16 times this season and had nine double-digit rebounding efforts.

Iowa State will take on Oklahoma State in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Championships March 8 in Oklahoma City.