The Fashion Show 2014 tickets ready for sale

Photo: Kelby Wingert/Iowa State Daily

Fashion pieces from student designers are modeled on the runway at Iowa State’s Fashion Show on Saturday, April 13, 2013, in Stephens Auditorium.

Caitlin Deaver

Ticket sales for this year’s The Fashion Show kick off Feb. 24. Approximately 2500 tickets are offered.

“The Fashion Show is a student-produced event that promotes Iowa State student’s garments,” said Katelyn Hall, senior in apparel, merchandising and design and a producer for The Fashion Show 2014. “Students can expect to see amazing work done by their peers, including senior collections, wearable art, special occasion garments and much more. In addition, there will be an amazing guest designer that will showcase a professional line of clothing.”

According to The Fashion Show’s website, tickets are $16 for youth/students, $22 for adults and $20 for 6+ adult tickets.

Tickets can be purchased at the Iowa State Center box office and Ticketmaster.com.

This year’s theme for The Fashion Show is “Secret Garden.” The set displays and art pieces will be focused around that theme.

“I am most excited to see all the hard work from every organization member come together on the night of the show,” said Sara Kinderknecht, senior in apparel, merchandising and design. “This show takes months of planning and hours of preparation, and it’s exciting and also very rewarding to see it all come together [during The Fashion Show].

“As a designer, I am also always excited to see my own designs on the runway and hear the reaction from the crowd.”

A week before The Fashion Show is Fashion Week, which is from March 31 to April 4.

“We will have a full week of special events, including food vendors and activities on campus during Fashion Week,” said Kinderknecht, a producer for The Fashion Show 2014.

Fashion Week will also offer unique giveaways throughout the week.

“More information on specific events and giveaways will be available later and will be posted on our Facebook page,” Hall said.

Planning for The Fashion Show 2014 began last May when new producers accepted their positions.

“We created goals and a timeline for the upcoming year and then really started working on the show in the fall with our initial task of selecting all the directors and committee members,” Kinderknecht said.

Preparation began back in the fall when classes started. This year’s staff includes approximately 75 committee members, 20 directors, 50 models and 60 designers, said Hall.

“The show is one week earlier than usual this year so preparation has been moving very quickly in all aspects, but everything has been going really well so far,” Kinderknecht said. “I’m very impressed with the hard work, organization and passion that all the organization members are bringing to the show to make it go smoothly.”

Those involved with The Fashion Show also meet as a class each week to help prepare for the event. Many of the committees meet at additional times throughout the week, as well.

“Our directors this year are so ambitious and passionate about the show that they bring a special energy every week,” Hall said.

The Fashion Show 2014 will take place at 7 p.m. April 5 at Stephens Auditorium.