Resources on campus

Saige Heyer

Iowa State University has many resources available for students ranging from health care to student assistance and financial aid.

Thielen Student Health Center

The Thielen Student Health Center is located on the west edge of campus across from State Gym. The services offered here include: illness and injury care, women’s health, physical exams, allergy clinic, travel clinic, immunization, mental health services, physical therapy, sports medicine and a pharmacy.

To schedule an appointment, call 515-294-5801. Be sure to bring your ISU Card (which you should keep on you at all times) when you check in for your appointment. The health center doesn’t generally give class excuses, but some exceptions may be made.

The health fee charged to students taking four or more credits per semester is used to help support the facility; it is not health insurance. To inquire about health insurance at Iowa State, visit 3810 Beardshear Hall or call 515-294-4800.

For more information about the Thielen Student Health Center, visit health.iastate.edu.

Student Assistance and Outreach Services

Whether you don’t know where to go to find the help or information you need or are experiencing difficulties or a crisis, the Student Assistance and Outreach Services is the place to go. Stop in at 1010 Student Services Building or call 515-294-1020 to find the information or assistance you need. The staff can direct you to the right places and people to help you solve your dilemma.

For more information visit dso.iastate.edu/sa.

Hixson-Lied Student Success Center

The Academic Success Center helps students with a range of academic needs including how to study better, academic coaching and intervention, supplemental instruction, tutoring and a wide variety of academic resources. Hixson-Lied Student Success Center is located on the east side of campus across from Maple/Willow/Larch residence halls.

Visit dso.iastate.edu/asc for a complete list of services and academic resources.

Financial Aid

The financial aid office is located at 0210 Beardshear Hall. They are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Veterinary Medicine students should visit the financial aid office at 2250 Veterinary Medicine.

To get some general information about loans, grants, scholarships and to find a variety of financial aid calculators, visit financialaid.iastate.edu.