Several Cyclones qualify for finals during day two of Big 12s

Ryan Berg

The ISU women’s track and field team fell behind Kansas and is currently in second place after day two of the Big 12 Championships with 41 points.

The women’s team will have plenty of opportunities to score during the final day of competition after it qualified five runners for finals during day two.

Senior Ejiro Okoro qualified for the 800-meter run finals as the third fastest time.

Two women qualified for the 400-meter hurdles final led by senior Ese Okoro with the second-fastest time. Senior Donnise Powell also qualified for the 400-meter run finals with her second fastest time of the season (59.39).

Sophomore Kendra White qualified for the 400-meter dash final with a time of 54.94.

Redshirt sophomore Maggie Gannon ran the fourth-fastest time in the 1,500-meter run preliminaries to qualify for the finals.

The shot put finals were during day two of competition and sophomore Christina Hillman scored six points for the Cyclones as she placed third with a throw of 55-00.25.

On the men’s side, sophomore Nick Efkamp qualified for the 400-meter dash along with teammates freshman Jacob Aune, and seniors Troy Walls and Ian Warner.

Warner also qualified for the 200-meter dash and Aune qualified for the 800-meter run.

The men’s team currently sits in fifth place heading into the final day of competition.