Summer resources on campus

Katie Grunewald

Even though the student population decreases significantly at Iowa State in the summer, there are still several summer resources available just with shorter hours.

The library is open from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays, 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and 12:30 to 10 p.m. on Sundays during the summer.

Jodi Hilleman from the ISU Library Dean’s Office says there is about a 75 percent decrease in visits to the library during the summer hours.

Some ISU dining centers are still open during the summer as well. While most of the Memorial Union Food Court closes at 2 p.m. during the week, some C-Stores and cafes, like Bookends, are open as late as 7 p.m. during the week.

The Cyride schedule is also significantly different. There are fewer busses running, and stops being made less frequently. The 23 Orange bus stops approximately every 10-15 minutes opposed to its usual five minutes during the fall and spring semesters.

Recreation facilities on campus are open during the summer, however if you are a non-enrolled student during the summer you must pay an $81 fee to use any of the facilities through August 15th.

State Gym and Lied Recreation Athletic Center are typically open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Downloading the MyState App can be a resource for students, especially during the summer time. The app provides hours of all Iowa State facilities and Cyride information.

If students do not have a smartphone, students can go to the Iowa State website and use the A-Z Index to locate information for any of the resources students may need to use.