Voter registration day on campus

Dan Mackenzie

The ISU Ambassadors and the Ames League of Women Voters are partnering for a nonpartisan voter registration day Tuesday, Sept. 25, as part of National Voter Registration Day.

Volunteers will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at three locations around campus. Tables will be set up in front of Parks Library in the free-speech zone; a tent will be on the west side of Curtiss Hall in front of central campus; and inside the Memorial Union.

Volunteers will be from both the ISU Ambassadors and the League of Women Voters. Students will be able to recognize volunteers as they will be dressed in ISU gear and have clipboards and voter information.

The ISU Ambassadors say students do not need to be a resident of Iowa to register here nor do they need to have a permanent address here; they only need to be a U.S. citizen. 

Students can bring their Iowa driver’s license in order to register. If they do not have one they will need to know the last four digits of their social security number.

While the event itself is nonpartisan, students can choose to register for a specific party affiliation on the form.

If students are unable to register Tuesday, the ISU Ambassadors say they will be helping people register on Mondays inside the Memorial Union, in front of the bookstore throughout the election season.