Live events on campus this fall

Tanner Owens

The fall semester always brings a packed event schedule. With iconic venues such as the Maintenance Shop in the Memorial Union and Stephens Auditorium, there is never a shortage of places to go for live entertainment.

Here is a list of the biggest concerts and events coming to Ames during the fall semester. This list is tentative and concerts will still be added throughout the semester.

Maintenance Shop: 

Sept. 7 — Max Frost: This 8:00 p.m. concert will feature Max Frost, an indie pop/rock act who has been touring steadily for the past six years. Frost has opened for various groups over the years, including Grouplove. Tickets start at $10 for students and $15 for non-students.

Sept. 27 — The Roosevelts: Perfect for fans of Frank Ocean and The 1975, this pop group has become known for infectiously catchy melodies in their songs. The band is working on releasing a new album which may be ready by their Iowa State concert. Tickets for students cost $10 while non-students will be charged $15.

Stephens Auditorium: 

Sept. 8 — Criss Angel RAW – The Mindfreak Unplugged: This barebones performance will allow audiences to experience Angel’s world-renowned magic and stunts up-close-and-personal, without all the added effects and razzle-dazzle. The event will feature all of Angel’s most famous tricks and incorporate a variety of street magic as well. Tickets start at $52. 

Sept. 19 — The Head and the Heart: Following the release of their new album, “Living Mirage,” indie folk group The Head and the Heart will visit Ames. Known best for their acoustic friend-centric song “Rivers and Roads,” the band specializes in emotional folk pieces. Each ticket purchased through their website also includes access to a free digital or CD copy of their new album. Tickets start at $54.50. The event will start at 8 p.m.

Sept. 26 — Nick Offerman: The “Parks and Recreation” star and cultural icon will be bringing his all-new comedy routine, “All Rise,” to Stephens Auditorium this fall. The woodworker, comedian, actor and writer is sure to bring plenty of laughs and humorous takes on the world today. Ames is one of 37 stops on Offerman’s latest tour. The show will commence at 7 p.m. and tickets start at $39.75.

Oct. 2 — Cirque Mei: Hailing from China, this group specializes in traditional and contemporary Chinese circus acts. Made up of roughly 40 members, the event will feature dancing, acrobatics, juggling and more. The group assembled in 1976 and has been performing all over China and the world ever since. The event starts at 7 p.m. 

Oct. 3 — Dane Cook: The it-comedian of the 2000’s, Dane Cook, will visit Ames, bringing with him his signature observational comedy and dark sense of humor. Cook is best known for his roles in movies such as “Good Luck Chuck,” “Employee of the Month” and “My Best Friend’s Girl,” along with his various comedy specials. Tickets start at $39.50 and the show will start at 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 18 — Vince Gill: The 21-time Grammy Award winning country artist will bring his unique tenor voice and unique guitar playing to Stephens Auditorium this fall. Known for songs such as “Don’t Let Our Love Start Slippin’ Away” and “When I Come Around,” Gill has solidified himself as a legend in the country music scene. Tickets for the 7:30 p.m. show start at $65. 

Nov. 3 — Jersey Boys: This musical has been awards Grammy, Tony and Olivier Awards during its storied history. Following Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, the show will see four boys from New Jersey become global superstars through their exceptional singing and harmonization. The show will start at 7:30 p.m. 

Dec. 22 — A Magical Cirque Christmas: From the producers of Broadway’s “The Illusionists,” which came to Ames last fall, “A Magical Cirque Christmas” will feature all of your favorite cirque acts such as dancing, contortion, acrobatics and more all accompanied by a holiday-themed soundtrack. The event will start at 6 p.m.