Provost replacement moves forward quickly

Katelynn Mccollough

The search for the next provost for Iowa State is moving forward quickly; so far, the university has received 130 nominations and 35 applications for the position.

All applications and nominations are currently under review in an effort to narrow the field to a more selective few. These will be invited for on-campus interviews.

“We’re pleased that so many in the campus community came forward with their ideas,” said Wendy Wintersteen, chairwoman of the search committee and dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, in a news release on Thursday. “[The number of] nominations is an outstanding response and a great starting place for the work we need to do.”

The on-campus interviews are expected to be between April 17 and April 28 for the chosen finalists. These interviews will also include open forums for students and faculty to meet the candidates and ask them questions.

The search for a new senior vice president and provost began after Elizabeth Hoffman, who has served as the provost since 2007, announced she would step down from the position in February.

Hoffman has previously worked as a professor of economics and public affairs for the University of Colorado and dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State.

There have been no applicant names released for the position at this time, but the names of the finalists will be released before they arrive on campus.