ISU campus offers picturesque spots to relax

Iowa State is ranked among the most beautiful campuses in the United States. Students have acres on which to relax, study and otherwise pass the time

Though the library and some better-known parts of Central Campus are fine places, they can get a little boring after a while. Students looking to vary their routines can consider the study spots listed below.   

Lagomarcino Hall courtyard:

After you walk under the picturesque brick arches that line this courtyard, you’ll be led to a plot of flourishing trees, shrubbery and flowers. The courtyard at Lagomarcino Hall is one of campus’ most scenic areas year round. In the first months of the semester, you can take in the lovely fall foliage. In the spring, you can study or relax amid colorful blossoms.

There are numerous benches all around the garden. Behind the courtyard there’s a lawn that looks as if it was sodded just to give students a place for between-class picnics.

Howe Hall fountain:

As you walk out the aerospace engineering building doors, you’ll see a bright, gurgling fountain. It practically invites you to take your shoes off, let your feet dangle and catch a little sun before hitting the books.

Gilman Hall courtyards:

On the west side of Gilman Hall, you’ll find there are a couple of shaded courtyards. Since both are surrounded by the high walls of the building, they’re ideal spaces to study, nap, relax, or just escape the demands of your classes for a bit.