ISU student Q-and-A — Morgan Miller

ISU students Q-and-A — Morgan Miller

Photo courtesy of Morgan Miller

ISU students Q-and-A — Morgan Miller

Katherine Klingseis

Name: Morgan Miller

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Animal ecology with the pre-vet/wildlife care option.

Where are you from?: Waukon.

What was your favorite part of your first year at ISU?: My favorite part about my first year would be meeting some great people and making some close, new friends.

What were some challenges you faced your first year at ISU?: My biggest challenge my first year was learning how to study and manage my time. In high school, my classes came so easily to me that I never had to study because tests were based off of homework that was given. My classes at Iowa State had little to no homework and it was difficult for me to learn how to manage my time and actually study for my exams.

What is some advice you would give a new ISU student?: My advice for incoming students would be to just relax and breathe, because you’ll get through it. There will be times when you start to feel so stressed out that you just want to scream, but it’s normal. Everyone has their moments when they want to pull their hair out, but it’s not the end of the world. If you just learn how to relax and breathe, and surround yourself with some supportive friends, it’ll help you feel like you still have some control and it will help pull you through. Also, learn how to study and manage your time early if you haven’t already. This will help reduce your stress levels, especially around finals time.