Regents announce complete presidential search committee list

Scott Macdonald

The full roster of the ISU presidential search committee has been approved and released by the Board of Regents.

The committee, consisting of 18 voting and two non-voting members, had previously announced its co-chairpersons and Board of Regents representatives, as well as four other members (the president of the Professional and Scientific Staff Council, the president of the Faculty Senate, and the presidents of the student body and graduate student body). The faculty, alumni and ISU Foundation members, however, had yet to be named. The full list of members is below.

Faculty members:

• John Lawrence, associate dean for extension and outreach programs, director of agriculture and natural resources education, extension economist and professor of economics
  • Lynn Paxson, associate professor of architecture
  • Robert Brown, Anson Marston Distinguished Professor of engineering, holder of the Gary and Donna Hoover Chair of mechanical engineering and director of the Bioeconomy Institute
  • Ann Thompson, professor of curriculum and instruction
  • Patricia Thiel, distinguished professor of chemistry and senior scientist at U.S. Department of Energy’s Ames Laboratory
  • Anumantha Kanthasamy, M.S., Ph.D, distinguished professor and director of the Iowa Center for Advanced Neurotoxicology

Alumni representatives:

• Jon Fleming, staff internist and gastroenterologist at McFarland Clinic in Ames
  • Deborah Turner, medical director of gynecologic oncology at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines

ISU Foundation representatives:

• Cara Heiden, co-president of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
  • Rudolf Herrmann, retired President/CEO of Dover Resources, Inc.

Non-voting board members:

• Robert Donley, executive director of the Board of Regents
  • Diana Gonzalez, chief academic officer of the Board of Regents

With the aid of Parker Executive Search the board must choose three to five possible presidential candidates to present to the Board of Regents. The candidates will be selected by fall 2011.