Iowa State might play host to comedian Bo Burnham

Michaela Sickmann

The Government of the Student Body senate granted the Student Union Board $4,500 to bring Bo Burnham to campus. They believe it is a great opportunity for ISU students and were enthusiastic in helping the SUB with this event.

Burnham has cost up to $100,000 per night, and Iowa State has the chance to get him perform for $7,500.

SUB representatives Andrew Lopez and Connor Nolan believe if they get Burnham, they will be able to compete more for entertainment alongside schools such as University of Iowa, which has been able to recruit more big-name performers.

They plan to host Burnham either Nov. 1 or 2. and have this event in the Great Hall, free of charge to ISU students.

GSB treasurer Katherine Benton proposed a new project aiming to educate students about living off campus after freshman year.

The project would try to get mediation services, student legal services and services that would teach students what breaks they have with landlord relationships. This project would help educate students so they can make smart decisions off campus and not get taken advantage of.

The senate decided to transfer the $45,043.32 to the events account from the capital projects account. There have been more requests for funds out of the events account this year, and this will provide student organizations more options when planning their activities.

Dan Renner was also confirmed as associate justice of the GSB Supreme Court.