FOOTBALL: Cyclones win on road for first time since 2005

0:00 4th quarter: In a slow fourth quarter, several Cyclone reserves got time on the field, and the Cyclones will leave Kent State with a 34-14 win.

Quarterback Austen Arnaud led Iowa State with three touchdowns (two rushing and one passing) and 144 yards on 13-of-21 passing.

Running back Alexander Robinson had 143 yards and a touchdown, getting within just six yards of his career-high total of 149. Freshmen Jeremiah Schwartz and Beau Blankenship combined for 42 yards on nine carries in clean up duty late in the game.

Jake Williams led the Cyclones’ receivers with four catches, 51 yards and a touchdown in the game.

Check back to iowastatedaily.net throughout the weekend for full recaps of the game.

0:00 3rd quarter: The score stays the same at Kent State with the Cyclones leading 34-7 at the end of the third quarter.

Head coach Paul Rhoads has begun to insert some of the backups like freshmen running back Jeremiah Schwartz and linebacker Jake Knott.

It looks as if the Cyclones will end the 17-game road losing streak that has haunted the program since 2005.

10:10 3rd quarter: The Cyclones pull further away at Kent State with a 15-yard touchdown run from junior Alexander Robinson to give them a 34-7 lead.

Robinson now has 19 carries for 139 yards and a touchdown in the game, going over 100 yards for the second time this season. He is also ten yards away from his career-high total of 149 yards he got in 2007 at Missouri.

0:00 2nd quarter: Iowa State is one half closer to ending the programs 17-game road losing streak after taking a 27-7 lead into halftime against Kent State.

The Cyclones got three touchdowns from quarterback Austen Arnaud, including two rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown to Jake Williams in the first quarter.

Iowa State senior Marquis Hamilton has four catches in the first half for 42 yards, including three catches on the team’s first offensive series.

1:49 2nd quarter: The Cyclones continue to dominate the Golden Flashes after adding a 37-yard field goal from Grant Mahoney to make the score 27-7 near the end of the first half.

After two slow offensive series with freshman Jerome Tiller in the game, Iowa State bounced back with Arnaud and the offense leading a quick drive to get Mahoney in range for his second kick of hte night.

12:42 2nd quarter: Iowa State jumps even further ahead after another rushing touchdown from Arnaud, giving the Cyclones a 24-7 lead.

Iowa State ended the first quarter with a 17-7 lead, and wasted no time getting back on the board after another Kent State turnover.

This time, after an Iowa State punt, a Kent State blocker kicked the ball, allowing Iowa State to fall on the ball and take over on offense again.

2:52 1st quarter: The Cyclones have added to their lead again, this time with a 9 yard touchdown from Arnaud.

Iowa State got the ball back after a Kent State fumble turned the ball back over to them on the Kent State 23 yard line.

4:57 1st quarter: The fireworks continue in Kent, Ohio as the Cyclones get back on the board with a 22-yard touchdown pass from Arnaud to Jake Williams, giving them a 10-7 lead.

The Cyclones drove 69 yards before getting the touchdown taking just under four minutes off the clock.

8:25 1st quarter: After a fumble from quarterback Austen Arnaud was recovered by Kent State, the Golden Flashes struck on their first play on offense with a 56-yard touchdown pass to take the 7-3 lead.

9:05 1st quarter: The Iowa State defense held the Golden Flashes to just 19 yards on their first series before forcing a punt early in the first quarter.

Now, the Cyclones offense will try to build on their 3-0 lead when they take over on their own 44 yard line.

11:56 1st quarter: The Cyclones jump on top after a 20-yard field goal from sophomore Grant Mahoney.

The game started off with junior David Sims’ 31-yard kickoff return set up a 35-yard scoring drive that included three passes from quarterback Austen Arnaud to Marquis Hamilton for 32 yards.

Now the Iowa State defense takes over to try and stop freshman Spencer Keith and the Kent State offense.