Bowling club unable to travel, still offers Monday night fun

Ross Ladue

Despite its wishes, the Cyclone Bowling Club won’t be traveling anywhere this semester to compete against other schools.

The club, which has about 17 members this semester, was unable to field enough players for its traveling team. Only four people signed up to be a part of the traveling team and there is a minimum of five players required.

“Six is the best ’cause you can bring a sub,” said Carl Stump, sophomore in civil engineering and president of the traveling team.

In the past, the traveling team has gone to such places as Wisconsin, Indiana and Las Vegas.

Stump hopes enough people sign up next semester so the club can have a traveling team.

Although the club can’t travel, it still meets every Monday night for bowling fun.

On average, approximately 15 to 17 people show up each Monday night at 20th Century Bowling, 505 S. Duff Ave.

The bowling club has not bowled on campus in years, because there tends to not be enough lanes.

The Monday meetings are generally times for people to have a good time bowling with friends.

“It’s kind of competitive,” said Megan Coppola, junior in Spanish and president of the bowling club. “People try to get better than their friends.”

Justin Burgart, senior in chemical engineering, has been a member of the club for four years now.

“I’m here to just hang out, I don’t care how good I am,” Burgart said.

People can pay $8 if they wish to bowl with the club for a single night or pay $100 for the entire semester. For more information, contact club president Megan Coppola at [email protected].