Grad Fair endeavors to relieve seniors’ stress

Pat Brown

ISU seniors may find graduation a relaxing experience this year.

The Grad Fair, which will run from noon to 6 p.m. March 28 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 29 in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union, features free on-site massages, counseling from career services, applications for Alumni Association membership, services from Iowa Student Loan and deals from Apple Computers.

That’s right, free on-site massages.

“On-site massages [are] for the students who need to relieve some stress from a tough senior year,” said Shellie Henry, assistant director of membership and marketing for the ISU Alumni Association.

Henry said the purpose of the fair is to familiarize seniors with the graduation process. Students can purchase caps and gowns for graduation, have their questions answered about life after graduation and purchase discount products from Apple Computers.

“We want graduating seniors to be able to get questions answered in regards to graduating,” Henry said. “[Different vendors] will be there to help them prepare for graduation itself.”

The fair is for all graduating seniors.

“Iowa Student Loan will be there to help consolidate student loans,” Henry said.

Students will also be able to order class rings.

In all, Henry said the fair is a service to graduating seniors to help them wrap up college life.

“The [grad fair] will help seniors become more informed of what they can do to help make graduation easier,” Henry said. “It can even help life after graduation.”