Foundation announces committee

Rebecca Cooper

The ISU Foundation task force to review the university’s gifts and donors’ wishes announced its committee members Friday.

Co-chairs Peg Armstrong-Gustafson and Labh Hira met with the seven-member committee, Foundation President Tom Mitchell and Foundation Chairman Arend Sandbulte Aug. 27, said committee member Ann Wessman.

“I think it’s an excellent idea,” said Hira, interim dean of business. “Hopefully we will come up with suggestions for improvements if the Foundation needs it.”

The task force expects to have a preliminary report of its findings ready for the Sept. 28 meeting of the ISU Foundation Board of Governors. A final report is slated to be ready for the March meeting, Hira said.

“There’s always room for improvement,” said Wessman, assistant director of the Student Financial Aid office.

To obtain a variety of opinions and views, university officials, Board of Governors members and donors were named to the committee.

Co-Chairs

Peg Armstrong-Gustafson and Labh Hira, interim dean of business

Members

Julia Anderson, retired family and consumer science faculty; Richard Bundy, director of development, College of Agriculture; John Eighmey, professor of journalism; Walter Gmelch, dean education administration; Ann Wessman, assistant director of student financial aid; Karen Zunkel, program manager of engineering Student Services; and Jim Stein, Muscatine banker.