Faculty senate to vote on audit change policy

Laura Kennedy

The ISU Faculty Senate will be voting on several new policies and listening to remarks from Interim President Richard Seagrave during its meeting tonight.

Two of the main issues the senate is voting on are an audit policy change and a new policy about unmet high school requirements for undergraduate students. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. in Room 275 of the Scheman Building.

Faculty Senate member Max Wortman, distinguished professor of management, said the new audit policy includes several changes since the last time it was read. He said the policy went back to the executive council and the academic affairs council, and the changes will be brought up during the meeting.

Although much of the information has been reviewed before, Wortman said he doesn’t know if it will all pass tonight at the meeting.

“The senate does what is pleases,” he said. “I have no idea how it will turn out.”

Wortman said there are several new business items, such as desktop computer and wiring standards, the college catalog reports and the recent addition of the master of science information systems program.

Seagrave will be making comments and discussing issues at the meeting. Seagrave said he usually checks in about every other month for a routine visit to the faculty senate meetings.

“I will be talking about health insurance costs and legislature governor issues,” he said.