Rollman leads vocally for ISU volleyball

Emily Arthur

One of the first adjectives mentioned when ISU volleyball coaches and players are asked to describe sophomore outside hitter Sarah Rollman is usually “solid.” As a valuable freshman contributor, Rollman was the only Cyclone to start every match on her way to 187 kills and 197 digs. Rollman also recorded a team high 19 aces and ranked second in blocks with 50. “I think with Sarah, she’s a very solid, technical volleyball player,” said head coach Linda Grensing. “She comes out of a great program in Norfolk, Neb. In terms of the role she’s in for, she’s an outside hitter, and she’s just somebody who kind of adds to a program.” Rollman started off her sophomore campaign on a good note this weekend when she was named to the all-tournament team in the Heritage Classic. She totaled 29 kills and 20 digs on the weekend while recording her first double-double of the season with 12 kills and 12 digs in a win over UNC-Greensboro. Grensing believes that Rollman will not only be an effective presence on the court, but she also sees Rollman as a vocal leader. “Really, as I watch her from last year to this year, she’s matured a great deal,” said Grensing. “She’s always been kind of a vocal leader for us, but this year she’s really very directional in terms of what’s happening on the court.” Rollman also sees herself as a vocal leader on a young team primarily composed of freshmen and sophomores. Cyclones.com